In order to fulfill the commitment of the Government of Vietnam at the COP 26 Conference and implement the content of Decision No. 385/QD-BXD dated May 12, 2022 of the Minister of Construction “approving the action plan of the Building response to climate change in the period of 2022 – 2030, with a vision to 2050, implementing Vietnam’s commitments at COP26”, the Ministry of Construction coordinated with the Embassy of the United Kingdom and the Vietnam Green Building Council Nam (VGBC) organized a training workshop with the theme “Promoting the development of Net zero emissions buildings – International experience and recommended solutions for Vietnam”.
– In Hanoi: From 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at Sheraton Hotel Conference Room, K5 Nghi Tam, 11 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
– In Ho Chi Minh City: From 8:30 a.m. Friday, December 16, 2022 at Caravelle Hotel Conference Room 19-23 Lam Son Square, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
(1) Introduction to net zero carbon framework;
(2) Guidelines and standards of the Ministry of Construction related to Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Carbon Contained;
(3) Technology and strategy towards zero carbon;
(4) International and domestic experience in energy efficient building technology, renewable energy and embedded carbon.
Workshop “Promoting the development of Net zero emissions buildings – International experience and recommended solutions for Vietnam” – Aims to outline a common vision and unify industry-wide actions to achieve net zero carbon emissions in the construction, operation and demolition of buildings and infrastructure. The event promotes the development of the construction industry in Vietnam to implement activities to reduce exploitation and use of fossil energy, encourage the use of renewable energy in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to the environment and from mining activities construction and operation through energy efficiency and decarbonization process.