Promoting Circular Economy:
For a Decade of Green and Sustainable Growth
An event co-organized by VGBC, Eurocham and VCCI/VBCSD to promote the circular economy in Vietnam
Time: 14:30 – 16:15
Date: Thursday, 24/09/2020
Venue: Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tam, 11 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
The livestream is also available for the event.
Nguyen Gia Linh (Mr.),
(84) 945 619 156
Promoting Circular Economy: For a Decade of Green and Sustainable Growth
Circular Economy is considered as a sustainable model for production and consumption. This model implies reducing waste as much as possible. Through sharing, leasing, reusing, repairing, refurbishing and recycling resources, materials, products or scraps released from the manufacturing process, the ideal result of circular economy is zero waste. Thanks to it, the need for new raw material and the cost of loss will be reduced, which is beneficial for environment and economy spontaneously. Moving towards circular economy protects the supply security of material, promotes competitiveness and innovation, as well as creates new job opportunities.
- Introducing circular economy model and the principle of green growth in business;
- Updating the Government policies related to circular economy aligned with environmental protection;
- Sharing experiences of entrepreneurs in implementing circular economy, which offers references for business to move towards this model;
- Engaging associations/organizations to connect and cooperate to implement circular models;
- Discussing and giving recommendations to the Government and business community to promote and apply circular economy.