Training Course: Green Materials & Products for LEED v4
Dang Thanh Long
VGBC Executive Director
Location: District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Time: 08:30 - 16:30, 13 August 2019 Venue: Macro Meeting Hall - Level 1 - Dai Nam Hotel
79 Tran Hung Dao, District 1, HCMC
Fee: 1.100.000 VND/person
This training course is designed to help project teams and design professionals take leading roles in using materials selection to promote human health and protect the environment. In LEED v4, specifying building materials has become more complex, with the inclusion of new concepts, requirements and focus on life-cycle impacts, disclosure and transparency. If you make the right choices of materials and products, some LEED points become relatively easy to achieve. Otherwise, they can be very challenging. This training will walk you through the key things you need to know in the specification and procurement process to pursue these credits, including what criteria products have to meet to comply, and which options within the credits are more or less achievable, the cost implication of those choices, where applicable.
1. Describe the environmental and human health consequences of building materials.
2. Analyze the role and contribution of project owner and different project team members, including contractors, architects, MEP designers and others, in achieving LEED v4 credits and points
3. Identify LEED prerequisites and credits where green products and materials can contribute to the fulfillment of requirements or achieving of points.
4. Go through five LEED v4 categories (Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality, Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency and Energy & Atmosphere) to:
- identify the credits and points where green materials and products can contribute
- explain key concepts, requirements, options and points available
- discuss respective roles of designers and product manufacturers in achieving the credits
- identify relevant specifications, standards and third-party labeling programs
- feasibility and cost implication of different strategies & requirements
- illustrate with examples and case studies
5. Group exercises, Q&A
6. Post-training quiz
Mr. Lê Lương Vàng
Green Building Specialist
LEED AP BD+C; LOTUS AP;
Royal HaskoningDHV – Project Manager & Green Consultant