VGBC is pleased to announce that the Garment Factory 3 of Dong Tien Joint Stock Company has officially been awarded LOTUS Platinum – the highest level of LOTUS Certification.
The project site includes the factory, a warehouse, a canteen and some auxiliary areas. The main products manufactured by the factory are sportswear intended for export.
Garment Factory 3 has integrated a wide range of energy and water saving features. Passive Design techniques were applied, including limiting west and east orientation, reducing window-to-wall ratio (only 13.29% of WWR on east/west facades) and maximizing natural ventilation for the canteen building. Low-E glazing was installed for office area with SHGC = 0.55 and corridor was used as buffer between glazed façade and office rooms to limit solar radiation through the building envelope.
In term of materials and resources, 24.27% of all building materials are recycled materials and 100% of non-structural walls are made of non-baked materials (concrete blocks).
To ensure health and comfort for the employees, all manufacturing areas are provided fresh air from exhaust fans used as part of the evaporative cooling system. Natural ventilation provides sufficient fresh air for canteen, guardhouse, medicine room, etc. Added to this, 100% paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, floorings, composite wood used are low-VOC content products. 100% of occupied area of the factory has views to the outside and 96% of occupied area has appropriate daylight, which increase occupant comfort while reducing the energy required for lighting.
- 60% of energy use reduction
- 40% of water savings through fixtures
- 100% paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, floorings, composite wood with low-VOC content
- 61% of the roof and paved area limits heat island effect
- 26.5% of the site area is vegetated
- 67% of the project’s total water use is covered with rainwater and reused treated wastewater.
- Solar panels produced 37,400 kWh/year
- Installed Lighting Power Density (LPD) of 2.42 W/m2
- Owner: Dong Tien Joint Stock Company
- Consultant: GreenViet Consultancy Co., Ltd.