LOTUS AP CREDENTIAL
Who is a LOTUS AP?
Who is a LOTUS Accredited Professional?
LOTUS AP is a professional who has profound knowledge of LOTUS green building certification system. A LOTUS AP holds an accreditation for a two-year period. LOTUS AP can provide consultancy advice when designing green buildings and applying for certification under the LOTUS system.
Why should I become a LOTUS AP?
Holding a LOTUS AP accreditation demonstrates to clients and employers that you have specific skills in relation to green building. This certification may set you ahead of other competitors and continue to grow your business.
Becoming a LOTUS AP can provide you with career benefits by:
- Being a leader in the industry;
- Developing your understanding of the effective implementation of LOTUS certification tools on a variety of projects;
- Gaining an essential knowledge for the support of design and construction teams;
- Having the opportunity to exchange ideas and knowledge with fellow professional;
- Gaining additional personal exposure and promotion through the VGBC within the Vietnam Green Building Database and other promotional material.
How can LOTUS APs contribute to a LOTUS project?
LOTUS APs can contribute to a LOTUS Project in many different ways depending on their position in the project.
Green consultants: A LOTUS AP can work as a green consultant for a project with the direct responsibility to ensure that the project will obtain LOTUS Certification. In such a case, the LOTUS AP will have to be involved in the project from an early design stage to the beginning of the operation. The primary roles of the LOTUS AP will be:
- Guide the project team to define the pathway to LOTUS Certification: credit selection, green strategies to implement, sustainable aspects to consider, etc.
- Make sure the project will meet all the LOTUS requirements by correcting the design, writing specifications, providing recommendations, etc.
- Gather and prepare all the necessary evidence to demonstrate compliance with LOTUS requirements.
Architects and engineers: LOTUS APs can contribute to a project by being a member of the project design team. With the knowledge acquired on LOTUS, the LOTUS AP can help to improve the design, propose green solutions complying with LOTUS requirements, collaborate more efficiently with the green consultant, etc.
Project managers: The LOTUS AP can make sure that the strategies to meet LOTUS requirements related to construction are well implemented and that correct documentation is prepared.
Contractors: A LOTUS AP working with the contractor of a project can be helpful to select materials and products compliant with LOTUS, propose better green solutions, implement sustainable construction management plans, prepare proper documentation, etc.
Suppliers/Manufacturers: Suppliers and manufacturers with a LOTUS AP certificate will be able to provide the project with the best products to meet LOTUS requirements and to provide all the evidence needed to justify the green credentials of their products.
How to become a LOTUS AP?
S1: Gaining comprehensive knowledge of LOTUS Certification System
S2: Passing LOTUS AP Exam
The candidate must achieve a mark of 80% or higher in order to pass the LOTUS AP exam.
After the successful attempt at the LOTUS AP Exam, the candidate will be issued a LOTUS AP Certificate of Accreditation and listed on VGBC Green Database. The Certificate of Accreditation is valid for two (02) years from the date of issue.
LOTUS AP Exam
Individuals have to pass the LOTUS AP Exam to become LOTUS Accredited Professional (LOTUS AP).
Study materials, handbook will be provided upon registration.
♦ Examination Format
- Computer based, open book exam.
- Multiple choice questions: 100 questions in 150 minutes.
♦ Pass mark
Minimum 80% of points.
Please contact the VGBC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam fee: 1,100,000 VND/attempt (VAT included)
Renew LOTUS AP Credential
In order to renew LOTUS AP Credential, candidates have to re-take and pass the exam or have participated in at least 2 green building projects in the 2 years since last renewal.