The Vietnam Green Building Council (VGBC) is pleased to announce that Genesis School has been awarded LOTUS Non-Residential V2.0 (LOTUS NR V2.0) Full Certification at Gold Level on 24th May 2019.
Genesis School is the first school project initiated by Capital House Group that applied green buildings’ criteria towards the school’s mission: “Nurturing A Green Future”. Genesis School aims to create a green community among teachers – parents – students to practice “green education” and “green lifestyle” by sustainable actions.
(Video: Genesis School)
The school has a total site area of 6,128 m2, which includes 39.2% of vegetation. Its unique architectural design was inspired by natural elements like pebbles, trees and water. School space was designed to optimize natural lighting, reduce energy use and limit the production of waste, etc.
Genesis School applies a Green Education philosophy to curriculum, which aims to nurture a love for nature in its students, spreading out green lifestyle towards a sustainable development.
- 60.9% energy use reduction thanks to an effective building envelope, efficient air-conditioning and lighting and solar PV panels
- 5.74% of the total energy use of the building is covered with renewable energy from solar PV panels
- 47.9% of water savings through fixtures
- Amount of rainwater collected and used for irrigation is equivalent to 11.45% of the total project’s water consumption
- 39.2% of the site area is vegetated, including a large green roof area of 835 m2
- Low-VOC paints, coatings and floorings
- 94% of occupied areas with quality views to the outside with vegetation all around the building
- Green Education Programme for pupils tackling 8 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the UN
- Owner: Capital House Group
- LOTUS AP: Vildandco