Terraced House Bi Eco Suites achieved LOTUS Gold Certification
Bi Eco Suites is the first project in Hanoi to achieve certification under LOTUS Homes v1 green building rating system. The LOTUS GOLD Certification is part of a comprehensive endeavour of the project owner to promote sustainability and protect the environment, including promoting organic-based products and a plastic-free environment. The owner insists that going green no longer means making sacrifices but with the right methodology and solutions, it actually enhances the comfort and well-being for all occupants.
- Passive design: no glazing areas on the west façade and a WWR of 3.1% on the east façade. Also, a thermal simulation was performed at early design stage to optimize glazing selection
- Building envelope: low-E double glazing used
- HVAC: COP improvement of 49.1% over QCVN 09:2013/BXD requirements
- Artificial lighting: LPD lower than 4 W/m2
- Water heating: heat-pump water heater with a COP of 4.2 has been installed
- Also, 95% of appliances (based on rated power) are labelled as energy-efficient,
- A solar PV plant of 9.6 kWp was installed on the rooftop
- Use of water efficient taps, showers and washing machine.
- Drinking water filtration system installed (including sediment filter, carbon filter and UV filter)
Health and Comfort
- 95.2% of the habitable spaces have sufficient fresh air supply through natural ventilation
- Use of low-VOC paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants and floorings.
- 73.4% of the habitable spaces have sufficient daylighting
- All floorings made of exposed concrete
- Project site is an infill site, located near public transportation services and near basic services,
- Pot plants have been installed on the rooftop and on all balconies
- 68.3% of the paved and roof area limits heat island effect (with most of the roof covered with solar PV panels)